When that IRS Letter Arrives , Take it to Max!
KNOW WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET AN IRS LETTER, WITH THE HELP OF FIESTA TAX SERVICE.
The day starts like any other day, until you get the mail, and there it is: the dreaded IRS letter! Take a deep breath, getting an IRS tax letter doesn’t mean you did anything wrong. An IRS letter can mean several things: maybe you forgot to sign your tax form, maybe they just have a question, you never know. The good news is that Fiesta offers correspondence assistance to help you with IRS letters and audits. So, if and when you get that IRS tax letter, follow these recommendations to handle it properly.
- Don’t ignore it. Make sure to open it right away, it could be time-sensitive.
- Don’t panic! We have to say this, because after all it’s a real piece of mail that you need to look at (it’s not junk mail!).
- Read it carefully. That’s our way of saying, don’t throw it away with those annoying flyers! If Uncle Sam is writing to you, it’s for a good reason. Take the time to read it to figure out what it’s about or bring it in to your nearest Fiesta location and we can look at it.
- Make sure it’s not a scam. The IRS will contact you initially by regular mail, not through social media or text messages. If you get a message through social media or text, it could be a scam, and you can always call the IRS to confirm.
- Figure out what you need to do and when. The IRS letter may be just information for you, or they may be asking you to do something by a certain date.
- Take the letter to your tax advisor (if you wish). Here’s where the Fiesta team can help you figure out what the IRS letter is about, and help you respond.
- Reply only if instructed to do so. Some letters ask you to reply, some letters do not. Make sure to follow the instructions on the letter, including any deadlines.
That wasn’t so bad, was it? The next time you get an IRS letter you’ll know what to do and you won’t have anything to worry about knowing that Fiesta is ready to help you with that official correspondence at any time of the year. Stop by your nearest Fiesta location so we can have a look at it and help you.